MOBILE RECOVERY CENTER SHIFTS SITES IN HOUSTON
AUSTIN – The mobile Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) at the Antoine Medical Office Building on Antoine Drive in Houston has moved. Its new location is:
Giao Xu Duc Me La Vang Church Pavilion
Our Lady of Lavang Church
12320 Old Foltin Road
Houston, TX 77086
The center opened Sunday, September 28 from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. and thereafter from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., until further notice.
Residents are encouraged to register with FEMA before visiting a DRC. There are two ways to register: log on to www.fema.gov or call FEMA’s toll free number, 1-800- 621-3362, or TTY 9800) 462-7585. Both numbers are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, until further notice. Residents should register only once; duplicate registrations may cause delays in the delivery of assistance.
Before going to the center, residents should make sure to have their identification, Social Security number, insurance information, proof of address and contact numbers on hand.
At the DRC, visitors can:
• Receive information about different types of state and federal disaster assistance.
• Get help completing low-interest loan applications from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) for homeowners, renters and business owners.
• Inquire about the status of applications for federal assistance.
• Receive referrals to the American Red Cross and other voluntary organizations to help with immediate unmet needs.
• Learn cost-effective measures to reduce the impact of future disaster losses.
Disaster assistance may include grants to help pay for temporary housing, home repair and other serious disaster-related expenses not covered by insurance or other sources. Low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) also are available for homeowners, renters and business owners for losses not covered by insurance or other sources.
More information is available online at www.fema.gov or