DISASTER RECOVERY CENTER TO OPEN IN BRAZORIA COUNTY
AUSTIN – A FEMA/State Disaster Recovery Center is scheduled to open in West Columbia on Tuesday, October 21, to provide face-to-face assistance to those who suffered damage from Hurricane Ike.
Brazoria County Hours
Civic Center parking lot
512 East Brazos Ave.
West Columbia, TX 77486
1 p.m. to 7 p.m. opening day, Tuesday
10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday
9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday - Saturday, starting Oct. 23
12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Sunday
A complete list of locations is available at
Residents are encouraged to register with FEMA before visiting a center. There are two ways to register: log on to www.fema.gov or call toll free 800-621-3362, or TTY 800-462-7585. Both numbers are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, until further notice.
At the Disaster Recovery Center, visitors can:
• Receive information about different types of state and federal disaster assistance.
• Get help completing low-interest loan applications from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) for homeowners, renters and business owners.
• Inquire about the status of applications for federal assistance.
• Receive referrals to voluntary organizations to help with immediate unmet needs.
• Learn cost-effective mitigation measures to reduce the impact of future disaster losses.
More information is available online at www.fema.gov or www.txdps.state.tx.us/dem.