METRO Service Modification Likely for Weekend
METRO staff is working around the clock to keep Houstonians moving during frigid weather and extreme icing conditions on local freeways and overpasses. Every effort is being made to continue local bus service but some delays will likely occur as our drivers detour to avoid road hazards.
· Riders are encouraged to call the METROLine at 713-635-4000 to determine if there are significant delays or modifications to their normal bus routes.
· METRO rail service continues with double cars at 12 minute frequencies rather than the usual six minute intervals.
· Airport Direct Service will depart each hour and the trip time will be longer.
· METRO expects to resume Park & Ride and HOV lane service on Monday.
· Weather and road conditions will be monitored and services adjusted as needed.
· METRO will continue to offer warming vehicles at 20 Transit Centers as weather conditions dictate.
· Customers are encouraged to visit www.ridemetro.org or call 713-635-4000 for more information about METRO transit services.