METRO FULFILLS PLEDGE TO IMPROVE TRANSIT SERVICES
WITH EXPANSION OF 75 ELDRIDGE CROSSTOWN
Customers, the NEW METRO is listening.
Based on your feedback, METRO’s newly named 75 Eldridge Crosstown (formerly the 75 Energy Corridor Connector) is now fine-tuned to offer more bang for your $1.25 one-way fare:
· Service now extended until 7:30 p.m.
· Service to the Mission Bend Park & Ride added, offering access to three additional METRO routes (2 Bellaire, 25 Richmond and 132 Harwin)
· Streamlined northern portion of the route, with the 67 Dairy Ashford extended to Addicks Park & Ride to provide improved connections
As of January 2011, the improved 75 Eldridge Crosstown connects you to:
· Two of METRO’s Park & Ride lots (Addicks & Mission Bend)
· Eleven METRO routes, including the popular 82 Westheimer-West Oaks and 131 Memorial
· And a host of restaurants, stores and employment centers
METRO continues to collaborate with the Energy Corridor District on the 7.75 mile-long route to provide area employees and residents with a safe, reliable and convenient ride to and from work.
The changes to the 75 Eldridge Crosstown reinforce the NEW METRO’s commitment to improving transit services by partnering with the community.
The route’s name change is intended to emphasize this route’s integration into the larger METRO system of transit services.