Galveston Mardi Gras Marathon Returns this Sunday
Read on for a List of City Street Closures & Traffic Advisories
Galveston, TX – Galveston Island will host the return of the Galveston Mardi Gras Marathon and Half Marathon this Sunday, February 20. Race organizers specifically designed the course to showcase several of the Island’s premiere areas including the charming Strand and Silk Stocking historic districts, the Seawall and beachfront, and the scenic East End lagoon. For more event details please visit http://www.galvestonmardigrasmarathon.com/.
Street & Traffic Lane Closures:
- No Parking signs will be placed along the marathon route beginning tomorrow, Saturday, February 19.
- Crews will begin closing lanes and roadway access at 3AM on Sunday, February 20.
- Cones and barricades will remain in place until the 1:30PM.
- Cones will be placed in traffic lanes along the race route to alert drivers that athletes may be sharing the lane with them.
- Along Seawall eastbound: the right traffic lane and the parking lane will be closed 45th Street to East Beach Drive.
- The west bound right lane from Apffel Park Road and Seawall to University and Seawall will be closed.
- Strand Street between 21st and 24th Streets will be closed to vehicular traffic 6AM – 1PM.
- The marathon’s double-loop course will start and end at Saengerfest Park at Strand & 23rd Street.