Medicine & Science
Bay Area Houston
Fort Bend County
State of Alabama
State of Florida
State of Louisiana
State of Texas
State of Mississippi
Elementary and Primary Education
Jim Guidry Commentaries
Texas A&M University System Board of Regents
Monday, May 23, 2011
– The Board of Regents of The Texas A&M University System will meet Thursday, May 26 on the campus of Texas A&M University in the Board of Regents Meeting Room on Gene Stallings Blvd. and at the Bernard C. Richardson Zone.
The board will convene in open session to consider items including:
• Approval of increased designated tuition, group hospital and medical services fee, and recreational sports fee for academic institutions and the health science center;
• Approval of new, increased and decreased tuition and fees for the academic institutions and the health science center;
• Confirmation of new and amended field trip and study abroad fees for the Texas A&M System;
• Establishment of the Texas Center for Educational Facilities—Tarleton State University;
• Approval of the project scope and budget, appropriation for construction services and approval for construction for the corps dorm renovation–FY 2011 project at Texas A&M University;
• Approval of the project scope and budget, appropriation for construction services and approval for construction for the new student housing project at Texas A&M University at Galveston;
• Approval of a Bachelor of Science degree program in health sciences and authorization to request approval from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board at West Texas A&M University; and
• Adoption of a resolution honoring Mr. Cresencio Davila for his service as the 2010-2011 student member of the Board of Regents of the A&M System and conferring the title of student regent emeritus.
The board will hear reports regarding:
• Chairman’s remarks (includes general update on system initiatives, commitment to teaching and research, and student regent farewell);
• Chancellor’s remarks (includes patent update, legislative update and Texas Forest Service update from TFS director Tom Boggus) — Michael D. McKinney, chancellor; and
• System construction projects authorized by the board—Vergel Gay, chief facilities planning and construction officer.
The board also will consider various legal and personnel matters in executive session, including:
• Appointment of provost and vice president for academic affairs—Tarleton;
• Appointment of senior vice president for business affairs—Prairie View A&M University;
• Appointment of vice president for finance—Texas A&M;
• Appointment of vice president of finance and administration—Texas A&M University-Central Texas; • Appointment of dean of the College of Education—Texas A&M International University;
• Appointment of dean of the Baylor College of Dentistry—Texas A&M Health Science Center;
• Appointment of dean of the College of Education and Human Performance—Texas A&M University-Kingsville;
• Appointment of dean of the College of Business—Texas A&M University-Texarkana;
• Authorization for the president to execute an employment contract with the head men’s basketball coach—Texas A&M;
• Authorization for the president to execute an employment contract with the head men’s basketball coach—Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi.
Copies of the meeting schedule and agenda are available at:
. A live streaming video link to the meeting will be available at the system home page (http://tamus.edu). Note: The link to the video is only active while the meeting is in session.
About the A&M System
The A&M System is one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation, with a budget of $3.3 billion. Through a statewide network of 11 universities, seven state agencies and a comprehensive health science center, the A&M System educates more than 120,000 students and makes more than 22 million additional educational contacts through service and outreach programs each year. Externally funded research expenditures exceed $772 million and help drive the state’s economy.
Guidry News Service is headquartered in Midtown Houston.
at 4001 Fannin Street, Suite 4432, Houston, TX. 77004-4077
(409) 763 NEWS(6397) News@GuidryNews.com
© 1996, Guidry News Service. Duplication of any part of this website in any manner is prohibited.