ROUTE EXTENSIONS, ADDED TRIPS AMONG METRO’S SERVICE CHANGES
ROUTE AND SCHEDULE MODIFICATIONS START SUNDAY, JUNE 5
METRO’s June service changes kick in Sunday, June 5, 2011, and are designed to improve our customers’ experience by modifying route frequencies and adjusting trips times, and adding service where needed.
Some of the route and schedule improvements include:
· Extension of the 4 Beechnut to Highway 6
· New Saturday service on the 32 Renwick
· Improved midday frequency on the 132 Harwin to every 45 minutes (was 60 minutes) due to increased demand
· Added morning trips to the 163 Fondren between the Hillcroft Transit Center and downtown to relieve overcrowding
· Extension of the 98 Briargate to the Missouri City Park & Ride
· Added later trip, Sunday-Thursday, on METRORail (northbound and southbound)
Customers are encouraged to pick up a Take One brochure for a complete list of route and schedule modifications. The brochures are also available online, on buses and at our RideStore (1900 Main).
METRO evaluates, adjusts and implements service changes three times a year to provide reliable and efficient service.
Customers are welcome to call METRO’s Customer Care Service line at 713-635-4000 for assistance, or to submit comments, suggestions or questions.
All service changes are effective Sunday, June 5, 2011.