Skip Navigation Links
Front Page
About GNSExpand About GNS
Arts & Culture
Business/Industry
CommunitiesExpand Communities
EducationExpand Education
Entertainment
Faith & Values
International
Links
Maritime
Medical News
Opinion/ForumExpand Opinion/Forum
Public Safety
Special EventsExpand Special Events
Transportation
Weather


Brazoria County
Brazoria County Commissioners Court
by Garrett Bryce
Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Brazoria County Commissioners Court on Tuesday voted unanimously to prohibit the sale and use of restricted fireworks in unincorporated areas of the county during the Fourth of July holiday.

Restricted fireworks include rockets with sticks and missiles with fins.  Brazoria County joins several other counties, including Jefferson, Harris, Galveston and Fort Bend, in banning the fireworks due to drought conditions.

The commissioners court voted to extend an order prohibiting outdoor burning for an additional 90 days due to drought conditions.

The commissioners court voted to award a primary contract for CrowderGulf Joint Venture, LLP and secondary contract to Ashbritt Environmental for disaster or storm recovery services.

The commissioners court voted to advertise for proposals for construction and renovation at the county’s airport.

The commissioners court voted to approve a contract with the Texas General Land Office for the removal and disposal of “Stonehedge”, a structure located on the public beach area at County Road 257 in Freeport.

The commissioners court voted to re-set a hearing date for the tax abatement application filed by Cyanco International, LLC and Ascend Performance Materials, LLC to July 12.

The commissioners court voted to set July 26 as the hearing date for the tax abatement application of BASF Corporation.

The commissioners court voted to utilize a $3,102,310 allocation of Quality Energy Conservation Bonds, which were issued as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.

The bonds may be used for reducing energy consumption in publicly-owned buildings, implementing “green community” programs, and rural development involving the production of electricity from renewable sources, among other uses.

The county may use 30 percent of the bonds for privately owned projects, with the remaining 70 percent to be used for government purposes.

All items were approved.  All votes were unanimous with all members present.  Agenda




GLO Spring
Jim Guidry Commentaries


Guidry News Service is headquartered in Midtown Houston.
at 4001 Fannin Street, Suite 4432, Houston, TX. 77004-4077
(409) 763 NEWS(6397)         News@GuidryNews.com
© 1996, Guidry News Service. Duplication of any part of this website in any manner is prohibited.