Denton County sex offender one of Texas 10 Most Wanted
Sean Michael Smith, a high-risk sex offender, is now one of the Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offenders and a $1,000 cash reward is offered for his capture. Texas Crime Stoppers guarantees anonymity during the tip process.
Smith, 35, is wanted for failure to register as a sex offender in Denton County and was last seen in Aubrey. He was convicted of indecency with a child/sexual contact related to an attack involving a 14-year-old girl in Denton County in 1999.
Smith, who also goes by the alias of Sean Michael Carroll, is considered highly likely to reoffend and has been arrested twice for violating his sex offender registration. His criminal history includes two assaults causing bodily injury, evading arrest and burglary. He is also considered armed and dangerous.
In the past, Smith has worked as a self-employed tattoo artist. He has numerous tattoos:
· Abdomen-- the words “wild child.”
· Upper left arm-- a cow skull, tribal art and the words “young guns/the kid” and “Irish.”
· Upper right arm-- skulls with rope, an eyeball and the word “Irish.”
For additional information about Smith, see: http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/wanted/sexoffenders/topTenSexOffenders.htm#;view=Individual%20Details/fugitive=7.
Texas Crime Stoppers, which is funded by the Criminal Justice Division of the Governor’s Office, offers rewards to any person who provides information that leads to the arrest of one of the Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offenders or Fugitives. Anyone with information can provide anonymous tips in three different ways:
· Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
· Text the letters DPS—followed by your tip—to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
· Submit a tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture to submit a web tip.
The 10 Most Wanted Sex Offenders are featured on the DPS website at http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/wanted/sexoffenders/topTenSexOffenders.htm# and have last known addresses in the following cities:
· Houston (2)
· El Paso
· Austin (2)
· Grand Prairie
The program identifies violent sex offenders who have either violated parole or failed to comply with sex offender registration.
All calls, texts or e-mails are anonymous, and tipsters will be given a tip number and will not be asked their name.
See both Top 10 lists at: http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/wanted/index.htm.