There are approximately 90 sex offenders residing in the un-incorporated areas Pct 7. In the days leading up to, as well as on Halloween night, Galveston County Pct. 7 Constables are going door to door making sure registered sex offenders are not trying to entice trick-or-treaters. Halloween can be the perfect time for some of them to follow children and take an opportunity to accost a child. Pct. 7 is committed to preventing this by implementing “Project Boo”. Constable Matranga is asking all parents to be vigilant during this time. If anyone sees anything suspicious occurring such as someone getting too close to their child, or someone following or paying attention to them, call your local law enforcement.
Sex offenders who are on parole or probation must adhere to the following guidelines this time of year;
· Do not distribute candy or treats to children, minors at your residence or any location on or about Halloween or at any Halloween celebration.
· Do not be at a residence or other location where there is distribution of candy or treats to children or minors.
· Do not have the porch light on at your residence or be at another location where the porch light is on during Halloween.
· Do not answer your door during Halloween unless instructed by law enforcement.
· Do not attempt any public or private Halloween event where children are present or are likely to be present.
· Do not decorate with Halloween decorations, or other children lures, a vehicle that you operate or your residence in which you are registered to reside.
· Do not be in, on, or at any Halloween or other child-lure decorated residence, vehicle or location on Halloween.
· Do not attend any haunter house attractions.
The Constable’s office will also be checking on any sex offenders who are not in compliance with court-mandated orders pertaining to their probation and/or parole.