COLLEGE STATION, Texas –The Texas A&M University System Board of Regents will hold a special telephonic meeting Tuesday, Sept. 6 at 9 a.m. in the Board of Regents annex of the Memorial Student Center on the campus of Texas A&M University.
The meeting will convene in open session and immediately recess to executive session for deliberations regarding personnel matters. The Board will reconvene in open session to consider action on the following items:
• Appointment of Mr. John Sharp as chancellor of The Texas A&M University System;
• Appointment of general counsel of the Texas A&M System;
• Approval for the placement of the “Rachel’s Garden” memorial, Texas A&M University-Commerce;
• Adoption of the new proposed university flag, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi;
• Authorization to administer government classified contracts, Texas A&M System.
A copy of the full meeting agenda is available at http://www.tamus.edu/regents/meetingmaterials/special/.
About the A&M System
The A&M System is one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation, with a budget of $3.3 billion. Through a statewide network of 11 universities, seven state agencies and a comprehensive health science center, the A&M System educates more than 120,000 students and makes more than 22 million additional educational contacts through service and outreach programs each year. Externally funded research expenditures exceed $772 million and help drive the state’s economy.