North Campus sets Fall fine arts calendar of events
HOUSTON – San Jacinto College (SJC) North presents a Fall fine arts schedule, featuring art exhibits and concerts that showcase musical performances by students, faculty, and other musicians. All events are free and open to the public, and will be held at the Dr. Charles Grant Fine Arts Center, 5800 Uvalde Road in Houston. Schedules are subject to change, so visit arts.sanjac.edu for the most up-to-date information.
A highlight will be a performance by the renowned Solero Flamenco troupe, featuring some of finest flamenco music, singing, and dancing in the region. The following is a list of events in chronological order.
· Solero Flamenco, Friday, Sept. 16 at 12 p.m.
· Student Recital, Wednesday, Oct. 5 at 9 a.m.
· SJC Faculty Art Show, exhibiting faculty works from all three campuses, Thursday, Oct. 6 at 6 p.m.
· Bluegrass Concert, Friday, Oct. 21 at 12 p.m.
· Student Recital, Thursday, Nov. 3 at 10 a.m.
· Student Recital, Tuesday, Nov. 15 at 1:10 p.m.
· The Paul English Jazz Trio, Friday, Nov. 18 at 12 p.m.
· SJCN Jazz Band, Tuesday, Nov. 29 at 7:30 p.m.
· SJCN Wind Ensemble, Tuesday, Dec. 6 at 7:30 p.m.
· SJCN Choir, Wednesday, Dec. 7 at 7:30 p.m.
About San Jacinto College: Surrounded by monuments of history, industries and maritime enterprises of today, and the space age of tomorrow, San Jacinto College has been serving the citizens of East Harris County, Texas, for 50 years. We are committed to the goals and aspirations of a diverse population of more than 29,000 students in over 140 degree and certificate options, including university transfer and career-track choices. Students also benefit from the College’s workforce training programs, renowned for meeting the needs of ever-changing industry in the region. San Jacinto College. Your Goals. Your College.
For more information about San Jacinto College, please call 281-998-6150, visit www.sanjac.edu, or find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SanJacintoCollege.