Ball High School Celebrates 125th Homecoming Week
GALVESTON, Texas – Ball High school celebrates its 125th Homecoming Week with a series of events through Saturday, Oct. 1. The first big event is the popular homecoming parade, set for the evening of Wednesday, Sept. 28. The parade will start at 6:00 p.m. and line-up begins at 5:00 p.m. on 43rd Street, next to Ball High (4115 Ave. O) and the Ball High student parking lot.
Businesses, groups, and individuals who would like to participate in the parade may sign up with Lisa Schweitzer, Student Council sponsor at (409) 766-5741 (Day), (409) 789-4717 (cell), or (409) 750-8239. Emails may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
. The parade route is as follows: Ave. P to 39th Street; 39th Street to Seawall Blvd.; Seawall Blvd. to 35th Street; 35th Street to Ave. O; Ave. O back to the school.
The week-long events culminate in the homecoming game against Texas City at Kermit Courville Stadium on Friday, Sept. 30 at 7:30 p.m. Ball High students will partake in the homecoming dance at Palm Beach at Moody Gardens on Saturday, Oct. 1 from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Tickets are $5 in advance at Ball High, $10 at the door.
Ball High is the second oldest school in Texas, founded in 1884, but named Ball High in 1886 after George Ball, the benefactor who donated the money to have the school built. The school will recognize the 125th anniversary of its namesake throughout the week as well as during the 2011-2012 school year. All Tor alumni are encouraged to participate in the following activities marked with a star:
• Tuesday, Sept. 27: Hip-hop dress day at Ball High
• Wednesday, Sept. 28: Crazy hair dress day at Ball High; homecoming parade begins at 6:30 p.m. at Ball High*
• Thursday, Sept. 29: Camo dress day at Ball High; voting for homecoming king/queen at Ball High; “Clash of the Cans” food drive ends*
• Friday, Sept. 30: Purple and gold dress day; pep rally in upper gym at 3:30 p.m.; and homecoming game at 7 p.m. at Courville Stadium vs. Texas City*
• Saturday, Oct. 1: Homecoming dance from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. held at Palm Beach at Moody Gardens; Hawaiian/casual attire (presale tickets are $5 or $10 at the door)