A Christmas Festival for Southeast Texas
“Christmas in Orangefield”
Christmas will be celebrated in the Old Orange Oilfield this year. Festivities will start with an old fashion Hootenanny on Friday, December 9th at 6 pm. and continue Saturday December 10th with a parade and other festival activities. The Hootenanny is being planned by Linda Granger Crawford of Dallas Texas.
The festival will take place on the grounds of the Orangefield High School in front of The Orangefield Cormier Museum. The museum was a gift of the Paul Cormier Family to the Orangefield Independent School District.
On Saturday the Orangefield Cormier Museum will present “Christmas in Orangefield.” The festival will begin with the Christmas Parade starting at 9:00 am. Following the parade there will be activities for young and old with the main attraction being the museum itself. Food and craft venders, face painting for children, Uncle Jesse’s Farm, a cake sale, and much more will be available throughout the day on the festival grounds. A highlight of the afternoon will be a Civil War re-enactment.
Art contests will be held for elementary, middle school, and high school students. The art will be on display in the museum. We invite artists in South East Texas to join us to display their art.
Although our Oil Derricks will not be moved before this festival, there will be a Christmas lighting Saturday evening to culminate the event.
- Anyone interested in participating as a vendor is asked to contact Deena VanPelt at 1-409-988-5931 or email: email@example.com
- To participate or donate to the Christmas Festival contact our Festival Chairman Chad Jenkins at 1-409-735-2034 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To join us as volunteer on special restoration projects at Orangefield Cormier Museum contact Restoration Chairman Jesse Fremont at 1-409-293-7340 or email: email@example.com
- To participate on our special Derrick Relocation project contact Chairman Bo Henley at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Museum Reservations contact Brian Ousley at 1-409-735-2285 or email at: email@example.com; or Harvey Wilson at 1-409-670-8992 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not seen the Orangefield Cormier Museum, please come out and see this wonderful gift that was left by Paul Cormier for all of us to enjoy.