Houston – A major roadway pavement replacement project will shut down the existing upper-level roadway at William P. Hobby Airport (HOU). The roadway closure will begin in the evening of Wednesday, October 26 and is scheduled to remain in place for approximately one year. Airport personnel will begin setting up barricades for the closure beginning October 22. Signage will be in place and personnel will be on hand to help facilitate during this time.
Key points during closure period:
- The Passenger Drop Off area will be rerouted to the second level of the attached parking garage, slightly further away from the curbside area
- Drop offs and pickups involving wheelchairs will take place in a designated lane found closest to the terminal
- Curbside check-in will still be available to Southwest Airlines customers on the ground level/baggage claim area
- Drivers who are picking up arriving passengers are encouraged to use the Passenger Pick Up Waiting Lot located off of Airport Blvd. to limit congestion. For a map, please visit fly2houston.com/PickUpLot
- Parking at Hobby Airport is limited; be prepared to park at the ecopark lots fly2houston.com/HOUecopark or at other off-site parking lots
For more information on the Hobby Airport Roadway Closure, please visit fly2houston.com/ProjectHobby.
To view a video of the areas affected at Hobby Airport, please visit our YouTube Channel at YouTube.com/HoustonAirports or Click Here.