Pearland City Council on Monday voted unanimously to award a $77,950 bid to Architrave Construction and Design, Inc. for the construction of the Pearland Gateway monument.
The gateway monument is part of “Project Stars”, a program in the San Jacinto Historical District in which the city is participating.
“The program, sponsored by the Economic Alliance of the Houston Port Region and the Houston Galveston Area Council, was intended to create ‘a museum without walls’ through the sponsorship of community gateway projects within the historical district,” Project Director Trent Epperson said.
The city council voted unanimously to cast the city’s votes in favor of re-electing Rubye Jo Knight to the Brazoria County Appraisal District Board of Directors.
The city council voted 3-1, with Scott Sherman opposed, to cast the city’s vote in favor of electing Al Abramczyk to the Fort Bend County Appraisal District Board of Directors.
The city council approved several appointments and reappointments to various boards and committees by unanimous vote. Appointments and reappointments included:
- Reappointment of Patricia A. Trunek to the Animal Shelter Advisory Committee
- Appointment of Gary Lawrence to the Building Code Board of Adjustments and Appeals
- Reappointment of Michelle Leggett to the Channel Review Board
- Reappointment of Mayor Tom Reid and appointment of Tom Pool to the Development Authority of Pearland
- Reappointment of Charles Gooden, Jr., Rushi B. Patel and Lucy Stevener to the Pearland Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors
- Reappointment of Jerry Acosta to the Zoning Board of Adjustments
- Reappointment of Geoffrey H. Tonini to the Library Board
- Reappointment of Lance B. Botkin to the Parks, Recreation and Beautification Board
A resolution adopting ethical and training standards for juvenile case managers employed by the city was pulled from the agenda. No action was taken on the item.
The city council postponed action regarding the funding of destination marketing.
The city council took no action following an executive session discussion regarding appointments to the city’s boards and commissions.
All other items were approved by unanimous vote. Council Member Felicia Harris was absent. Agenda