State approves funding for Texas Gulf Coast Regional Airport
Who, What, When, Where
· Approximately $28,000 for Texas Gulf Coast Regional Airport was approved by the Texas Transportation Commission at its December meeting.
· The funds will be used for planned airport improvements, which includes: Wildlife assessment
· Consultant will be selected this winter
· Project costs will be funded through TxDOT’s Aviation Facilities Grant Program, which preserves and improves the state’s general aviation system and Brazoria County.
· This year, TxDOT expects to provide approximately $60 million in funding for planning, constructing and maintaining community airports.
· Approximately 275 community airports in Texas are eligible for funding.
· Arrivals and departures from community airports account for more than three million flight hours per year and provide aircraft facilities for agricultural, medical, business and commuter use.