Protect with Respect: Galveston Offering Civil Service Exam
Registration Required for February 6 Examination
Galveston, TX – The Galveston Police Department will offer a civil service exam on Monday, February 6. All applicants interested in becoming a police officer on the Island are required to take the written exam as part of the City of Galveston’s hiring process.
Galveston Police Department Civil Service Exam
9:00AM Monday, February 6, 2012
Galveston Island Convention Center – Exhibit Hall B
5600 Seawall Boulevard, Galveston, TX
All candidates should arrive early and bring photo identification to the exam. Doors will open at 8:30AM and the test will begin promptly at 9:00AM. No one will be admitted once the exam has commenced. The exam will be scored immediately. Directions and schedules for each step in the hiring process will be announced following the test.
Participants must pre-register for this examination by calling the City of Galveston’s Human Resources Office, (409) 797-3650 or the Galveston Police Department Training Division, (409) 765-3640. The exam registration deadline is 5:00PM Wednesday, February 1.
Minimum Qualifications to be Considered for Employment:
- Must have the ability to obtain a valid Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officers Standards and Education License (TCLEOSE).
- Must be 21 years of age by date of hire and cannot have reached their 45th birthday by the date of hire.
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must possess a valid Texas driver’s license.
- Must be in good physical condition.
- No felony convictions.
Additional information is available at http://www.galvestonpolice.net/training/?page_id=168. The City of Galveston is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.