School Boundary Committee Releases Recommendations for 2012-2013
League City, Texas - The Clear Creek Independent School District’s School Boundary Advisory Committee (SBAC) has developed a set of recommendations for the Board of Trustees to consider for the 2012-2013 school year. The committee is charged by the Board of Trustees to review demographic information and explore options to reduce overcrowding at some campuses and populate underutilized campuses. SBAC did not recommend changes to intermediate or high school attendance zones.
Proposed Boundary Changes for Bauerschlag Elementary (Click to View Map)
• Move single and multi-family homes along Calder Road and on the west side of Highway 45 to Parr Elementary
Proposed Boundary Changes for Goforth Elementary (Click to View Map)
• Move Davis Road single and multi-family homes from Goforth Elementary to Ferguson Elementary
Proposed Boundary Changes for McWhirter Elementary (Click to View Map)
• Move multi-family homes along Egret Bay Road to League City Elementary. This move includes: Towers at Clear Lake Apartments, Hidden Lake Apartments, Harbor Tree and Green Acres subdivision
Proposed Boundary Changes for Sandra Mossman Elementary (Click to View Map)
• Move a portion of South Shore Lakes along South Shore Boulevard between Tucker Road and Austin from Mossman Elementary to Hyde Elementary
• Move Haven at South Shore Apartments from Mossman Elementary to Goforth Elementary
Proposed Boundary Changes for North Pointe Elementary (Click to View Map)
• Move Green Oaks Apartments and Clear Lake Condos from North Pointe Elementary to Brookwood Elementary
Proposed Boundary Changes for Ward Elementary (Click to View Map)
• Move Clear Lake Falls Apartments from Ward Elementary to Brookwood Elementary
Proposed Boundary Changes for Weber Elementary (Click to View Map)
• Move Clear Brook Landing and Meadows of Clear Brook subdivisions from Weber Elementary to North Pointe Elementary
• Move also includes undeveloped property and Silver Acres to North Pointe Elementary
SBAC will hold public hearings regarding these proposed changes on:
January 17, 7 p.m. at Clear Brook High School Commons, 4607 FM 2351 Friendswood, Texas
January 18, 7 p.m. at Clear Falls High School Commons, 4380 Village Way, League City
January 19, 7 p.m. at Clear Creek High School Commons, 2305 E. Main Street, League City
Following the public hearings, SBAC may reconvene and make adjustments to the proposal prior to presenting a final recommendation to the Board of Trustees. The Board of Trustees has final authority on school attendance zones.
For more information, contact the Office of Communications at 281-284-0020 or via email@example.com.