ALTERNATING LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULED OVER THE WEEKEND
FOR IH 45 NORTH FREEWAY SOUTHBOUND
“Crews will be maintaining the IH 45 North Freeway bridges at Parker and Little York”
Houston – Crews will be closing multiple southbound mainlanes of IH 45 North Freeway from Little York Road to Parker Road over the weekend. The closures are necessary for crews to complete bridge deck repairs at Parker Road and Little York Road. Motorists should expect delays and should consider an alternate route if possible.
Starting Friday, January 20 at 9 p.m. until Monday, January January 23 at 5 a.m. two southbound outside mainlanes will be closed from Little York Road to Parker. In addition, a third lane will be closed between the hours of 9 p.m. and 10 a.m. the following morning on Saturday, January 21 and Sunday, January 22. The third lane will also be closed from Sunday, January 22 at 9 p.m. until Monday, January 23 at 5 a.m. During the same time, several frontage road intersections and ramps at IH 45 North Freeway will be closed:
· Parker Road eastbound at IH 45 North Freeway. Detour to IH 45 North southbound to Tidwell and u-turn back to IH 45 North northbound to Parker.
· Parker Road westbound at IH 45 North Freeway. Detour to IH 45 North northbound to Gulf Bank and u-turn back to IH 45 North southbound to Parker.
· Little York eastbound at IH 45 North Freeway. Detour to IH 45 southbound to Tidwell and u-turn back to IH 45 North northbound to Little York.
· Little York westbound at IH 45 North Freeway. Detour to IH 45 northbound to Gulf Bank and u-turn back to IH 45 North southbound to Little York.
· IH 45 North Freeway northbound entrance ramp from Gulf Bank, Shepherd, and Little York will be closed. Detour to the Parker entrance ramp.
· IH 45 North Freeway southbound exit ramp to Parker will be closed. Detour to the Tidwell exit ramp.
Police officers will be on site to assist with traffic control. No frontage road lanes will be affected. For more information on scheduled lane closures in the Houston District visit the Houston TranStar website at www.houstontranstar.org. All closures are subject to change due to inclement weather. Follow us on Twitter @TxDOTHoustonPIO.