Del Papa Distributing Brings World-Famous Budweiser Clydesdales
to Galveston and Kemah, TX
Famous Anheuser-Busch Symbols to Make Appearances During Mardi Gras Celebration
GALVESTON, TEXAS – Del Papa Distributing Company will sponsor the world-famous, eight-horse Budweiser Clydesdale hitch at a number of appearances in Galveston and Kemah, Texas on February 8-12, 2012. The Clydesdales, which have served as a symbol of quality and tradition for Anheuser-Busch since 1933, will be housed at the Galveston County Fairgrounds and are scheduled to lead a number of parades during the upcoming Island Mardi Gras celebration.
The Budweiser Clydesdales’ appearance in Galveston is one of 300 made annually by the five traveling hitches. As a symbol of Budweiser quality, horses must meet strict requirements to be chosen as a Clydesdale. For almost 80 years, the Clydesdales have embodied the Budweiser brand heritage, serving faithfully as ambassadors of the Great American Lager, and icons of American Industry.
The Clydesdales’ scheduled appearances in Galveston and Kemah, Texas are as follows:
- Wednesday, Feb. 8 – Appearance at the Strand Historic District in Galveston, Texas from 4:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 9 – Parade through various streets in Kemah, beer delivery to specific Kemah retailers and appearance at the Kemah Boardwalk in Kemah, Texas from 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 10 – Leading the George P. Mitchell parade at the Strand Historic District in Galveston, Texas beginning at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 11 – Leading the Gambrinus Parade at the Seawall in Galveston, Texas beginning at 6 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 12 – Leading the Shriners Hospitals for Children Parade at the Strand Historic District in Galveston, Texas beginning at 3 p.m.
“We are proud to welcome back the Budweiser Clydesdales, a well-known symbol of the annual Mardi Gras festivities here in Galveston,” said Larry Del Papa, president of Del Papa Distributing Company. “The world-famous Budweiser Clydesdales continue to play a significant role in making the annual celebration a great success.”
The public is invited to view and photograph the signature Budweiser Clydesdales during all of the above events. Interested media can also contact Elmore Public Relations at 713-524-0661 to schedule a time to photograph and interview trainers and representatives for the Budweiser Clydesdales at the Galveston County Fairgrounds or prior scheduled appearances.
Del Papa Distributing Company commemorated a century of service in 2010 and continues to give back to the Galveston, Victoria and Beaumont communities through service projects, monetary contributions and educational scholarships. To learn more about Del Papa Distributing Company and their 100-year history of service, visit www.delpapabud.com and stay connected at www.facebook.com/budlightgalveston.