Summer in the City – Galveston Offers Free Recreation Programs
Registration Now Open for City’s Summer Recreation Program
Galveston, TX – Calling all parents! Are you wracking your brain trying to schedule a summer full of fun for your child? Worried you’ll have to empty your pocketbook to do so? Registration is now open for the City of Galveston’s FREE summer recreation program!
Summer programs will begin on Monday, June 4! A variety of programs and activities, designed to engage youth ages five to 17 years in fun, positive activities, are planned at both the McGuire-Dent and Wright Cuney Recreation Centers.
Would your child like to …
- Check out cheerleading?
- Get a kick out of karate?
- Shoot hoops with a friend?
- Try out tennis?
- Play some volleyball?
- Get creative with arts and crafts?
- Take a jab boxing?
- Tumble into gymnastics?
- Take a crack at computers?
- Score at sports camp?
Free Breakfast and Lunch: The Galveston Independent School District provides free breakfast at 8AM and free lunch at 12PM. This program is open to any child under 18 years of age.
Summer Program Hours and Locations: The City of Galveston will operate the Summer Recreation Program Monday—Friday, starting Monday, June 4.
- McGuire-Dent Recreation Center: 2222 28th Street
- Programs & Activities: 8AM–12PM
- Open Recreation & Gym: 1PM–5PM
- Wright Cuney Recreation Center: 718 41st Street
- Open Recreation & Gym: 8AM–9AM & 3PM–5PM
- Programs & Activities: 9AM–3PM
Registration: Register your child for the City’s summer recreation programs by calling (409) 621-3177 or stop by either recreation center. Registration will continue throughout the summer program. Programs and activities will begin June 4 and will run six weeks depending on participation and funding.