Brazoria County Commissioners Court on Tuesday voted unanimously to authorize the publication of an intent to issue $29 million in general obligation bonds for street improvements and other projects.
The commissioners court voted unanimously to engage the services of Allen, Boone, Humphries and Robinson, LLP to serve as bond counsel for the county in the issuance of unlimited tax road bonds and refunding bonds.
The commissioners court voted unanimously to award an $867,970 bid to Garner Paving and Construction for as-needed repairs to county roads damaged by drought and other conditions.
The commissioners court voted unanimously to approve an advance funding agreement with the Texas Department of Transportation for improvements to County Road 220 from State Highway 288 to FM 523.
The project will include the reconstruction and widening of the road. TxDOT will provide 80 percent, or $13,312,000 of the total project cost, with the county paying the remaining 20 percent, or $3,328,000 of the project.
The commissioners court voted unanimously to authorize the issuance of $40 million in refunding bonds by the Brazoria County Health Facilities Development Corporation to refinance bonds issued to fund the Brazosport Regional Health System.
The commissioners court voted unanimously to appoint Wayne Shaw to the Brazoria County Board of Park Commissioners.
The commissioners court unanimously adopted a proclamation in observance of Memorial Day on May 28.
“Men and women of the Armed Forces have sacrificed to extend the gift of freedom to those who have never known it,” said the proclamation. “They have unleashed the hope of freedom for people in every corner of the world.” Proclamation
The commissioners court voted unanimously to donate 0.35 acres of land located in the Demijohn Place subdivision to Brazoria County Emergency Services District No. 3. The county has allowed the community to use the tract of land as a park facility for several years.
The commissioners court voted unanimously to advertise for bids for the Surfside Bank Stabilization Project. The project, which will be at Jetty Park, will utilize funds from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
The commissioners court voted unanimously to solicit for statements of qualifications for an independent auditor. The county’s current contract for independent auditing service expires on July 24, with no renewals remaining in the contract.
All other items were approved by unanimous vote. All members were present. Agenda