Galveston County Sheriff's deputies are wrapping up an overnight investigation of the apparent electrocution of an 8-year-old Algoa boy.
Deputies responded with Santa Fe Fire and Rescue personnel to the 5000 block of Graves Road in Algoa about 8:35 pm yesterday, finding family members giving CPR to an unresponsive Raiden Engstrand. LifeFlight took Engstrand to Hermann Hospital in Houston where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
Detectives reviewing the scene believe Engstrand, who was playing in his yard with other children when he came into contact with a metal canopy support. A flourescent light, which had been installed under the canopy, apparently became shorted to ground, electerocuting Engstrand when he touched it.
Investigators suspect no foul play is involved in what they're calling a tragic accident.