Galveston College Named In Top Five Least Expensive Colleges in Texas
What are students expecting to pay as the 2012-2013 school year encroaches in about two months for college in Texas? The following list of lowest-priced college was taken from the College Stats website. Depending on the number of credit hours, costs will vary. Here is the list of the top five least expensive colleges in the state, for in-state students:
1. Collin County Community College District in Dallas, at $1,180.00/year
2. Grayson County College in Grayson County, at $1,296.00/year
3. Galveston College in Galveston, $1,414.00/year
4. El Paso Community College in El Paso, $1,452.00/year
5. Tarrant County College District in Fort Worth, $1,512.00/year
As an added benefit, the Universal Access scholarship grant, funded by the Galveston College Foundation , gives local Galveston high school, GED or home schooled graduates the opportunity to receive up to $2,400 to offset the cost of tuition & fees. For more information, contact the GC Foundation page on the GC website, or call: (409) 944-1302.