TODD MISSION, Texas - (July 16, 2012)The Texas Renaissance Festival, the nation's largest and most acclaimed festival of its kind, is excited to announce the "Heir to the Throne" Contest, August 1, 2012 - December 31, 2012.
One expecting family will have the chance to demonstrate their loyalty and love for the Texas Renaissance Festival by incorporating the words "Texas Renaissance" into their newborn child's name for the chance to win three lifetime passes (one for the child and two for the parents), an immeasurable value! As an added bonus, the child will also receive a $1,000 savings bond in their name.
The three lifetime passes will be valid for each festival day for the rest of the life of the ticket holders. The "Heir to the Throne" Contest winners will be given a special pass allowing entry to The Kingdom that will be recognized by the gate's Beefeaters.
The rules of the contest are as follow:
- Applicants must submit an introduction that explains the following:
- Why do you want to name your child after the Texas Renaissance Festival?
- What does the Texas Renaissance Festival mean to you and your family?
- How will you incorporate "Texas Renaissance" into your child's name?
- Submit a photo of the expecting family.
- The words "Texas Renaissance" MUST be part of the child's name. They can be used as a first name, or combination of both first and middle names; however they must be used in that order.
- The Texas Renaissance Festival will review submissions and select a winner.
- Before being declared the official winner, the birth certificate with the child's legal name must be presented to the Texas Renaissance Festival.
- All those interested must submit the introduction and photo to:
Texas Renaissance Festival
Attention: Heir to the Throne
21778 FM 1774
Todd Mission, Texas 77363
Official contest rules are available at: www.texrenfest.com/heirtothethrone.
For more information and for the official rules, please visit www.texrenfest.com/heirtothethrone or contact the Texas Renaissance Festival at email@example.com or (800) 458-3435.
For more information on the Texas Renaissance Festival, please visit www.texrenfest.com or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
About Texas Renaissance Festival:
The Texas Renaissance Festival is the Nation's largest and most acclaimed Renaissance theme park where the sights, sounds, tastes and beauty of the 16th Century come alive for eight magically-themed weekends. The Texas Renaissance Festival welcomes nearly half a million guests annually and features nearly 500 costumed performers on 17 stages; 400 shoppes including international food purveyors, unique artisans, merchants and craft vendors; human-powered rides; an abundance of strolling performers and the Royal Finale at dusk.
The Festival received the 2010 and 2011 Merchant Circle "Circle of Excellence" award and was recognized by H Texas Magazine as the "Best Alternative Wedding Location" in the 2012 Best of H Texas issue.
The Festival is held Saturdays, Sundays and Thanksgiving Friday. The Texas Renaissance Festival is located 50 miles northwest of Houston on more than 50 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds on FM 1774, between Magnolia and Plantersville, Texas. Parking is free. For more information, visit www.texrenfest.com or follow us on Facebook/Twitter.