At the close of business on Saturday, July 28, 2012, Collier Regional Library will close for renovation. This 17,440 square foot facility will remain closed until the Spring of 2013. The renovation includes upgrading the interior of the building and adding a dedicated Teen area. The Collier Regional Library is located at 6200 Pinemont, 77092, 832-393-1740..
The renovation will include the following:
- Interior enhancements such as new rubber flooring, new paint colors, refinished furniture.
- Meeting room will be painted and new rubber flooring installed.
- New Teen room will be added including a glass wall partition, new furniture, and shelving.
- New look in the Children’s area along with new soft seating, and refinished furniture.
- The Reference desk will be replaced by an Information desk and moved to a more central location.
- Glass walls will be installed to separate Children, Teen and Adult areas.
The Everett D. Collier Branch Library opened on September 28, 1985. The Library is named after former editor and senior vice-president of the Houston Chronicle. It was designed by MRW Architects.
Alternate Locations to Receive Library Services
Houston Public Library (HPL) customers may visit the following neighborhood libraries or any HPL neighborhood library location for services while Collier Regional Library is closed.
Oak Forest Neighborhood Library
1349 West 43rd Street, 77018 | 832-393-1960
T 10-6 | W 10-6 | Th 12-8 | F 1-5 | Sa 10-5
Acres Homes Neighborhood Library
8501 West Montgomery, 77088 | 832-393-1700
M 11-6 | T 12-8 | W 10-6 | Th 11-6 | F 1-5
About the Houston Public Library
The Houston Public Library operates 35 neighborhood libraries, three HPL Express Libraries, a Central Library, the Houston Metropolitan Research Center, the Clayton Library Center for Genealogical Research, The African American Library at the Gregory School, and the Parent Resource Library located in the Children’s Museum of Houston. Serving more than 4 million customers per year, HPL is committed to excellent customer service and equitable access to information and programs by providing library customers with free use of a diverse collection of printed materials and electronic resources, Internet, laptop and computer use, and a variety of database and reference resources with live assistance online 24/7.
For further information, visit the Houston Public Library at www.houstonlibrary.org or call 832-393-1313.