The Oil Council Hosts 2012 North American Assembly
More than 400 of the U.S. and Canada’s Foremost Industry Experts and Leading Executives to Descend on Houston, TX to Explore the Future of Oil & Gas Finance and Investment
New York, New York –The Oil Council (http://www.oilcouncil.com), the oil and gas industry’s global network for business development, today announced it will host its annual U.S. conference, the 2012 North American Assembly on October 9-10 at the Four Seasons hotel, Houston, TX, USA.
The Oil Council’s North America Assembly is a leading, unique international conference and networking forum for senior oil and gas executives, and the finance and investment communities. This year’s event will bring together over 400+ thought leaders from the US and Canadian energy industries, and well known international investors and financiers to Houston, TX, to discuss the foremost industry-critical issues facing the landscape today in high-level, intimate and interactive panel discussions.
“We are extremely excited to be bringing, for the first time, our Assembly to Houston, TX this year, and to be running an oil & gas meeting unlike any other in the U.S.,” commented Vikash Magdani, Managing Director, Americas, the Oil Council. “The 2012 North American Assembly is representative of not only our leadership position in the industry, but also our continued commitment to emphasize and build up business and investment-focused activities within the North American marketplace.”
Keynote speakers include:
- Chuck Davidson, CEO, Noble Energy
- John Manzoni, CEO, Talisman Energy
- Mark Ellis, CEO, LINN Energy
- Janet Clark, EVP and CFO, Marathon Oil
- Tom Chambers, EVP and CFO, Apache Corporation
- Brian Maxted, CEO, Kosmos Energy
- Tom Ward, CEO, SandRidge Energy
- Phil Cook, EVP and CFO, Samson Resources
- John Schiller, CEO, Energy XXI
- Alan Crain, SVP and GC, Baker Hughes
- Sam Oh, Apollo Management
- John Bookout, Managing Director, KKR
- Gustavo Amaral, EVP, Upstream Americas, Petrobras
- Irene Rummelhoff, SVP, Business Development, Statoil USA
- Jeff Currie, Global Head of Commodities Research, Goldman Sachs
With a heavy international focus and an unusually high presence of investors, topics include:
• Access to capital and capex strategy
• The M&A, A&D, and JV outlook in 2013
• Trends and outlook for debt financing, equity financing, private equity, mezzanine financing, etc.
• Leadership challenges for CEOs of Independent O&G firms
• The CFO wish list
• NOC activity in North America: Appetites, M&A targets, JVs
• International E&P strategies and successes.
• Global economic scenarios and commodity prices - oil vs. gas
• Regulatory hurdles affecting business operations in North America
Date: October 9 – 10, 2012
Location: Four Seasons Hotel
1300 Lamar Street
Houston, TX 77010
For registration inquires: Drake Lawhead , Senior Vice President, Americas, the Oil Council, +44 207 384 8061, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For media inquires: Jay Morakis, JMR Worldwide, +1 212-786-6037 or email@example.com.
The Oil Council’s 2012 North American Assembly will provide both in-depth insight on the most pressing issues facing the oil & gas industry today, as well as connections on how to source, manage and invest capital. This event brings together the international energy, finance and investment communities to explore the current dynamics, challenges and business opportunities of today's oil and gas industry.
The Assembly is focused on high-end thought leadership interlaced with corporate development activities that engage senior executives - actively involved in the business dynamics and transactions of today's oil and gas markets - with one another.
ABOUT THE OIL COUNCIL
The Oil Council is the single most important network for business development within the global oil and gas industry. Our 365 days a year platform promotes knowledge and thought leadership, acting as a conduit between the international energy, finance and investment communities. Our world-class network of senior executives gather regularly across the globe to examine the business dynamics of oil and gas. Through e-media, customized business development programs, annual Assemblies and networking functions, The Oil Council tackles key business challenges, champions best practice, develops strategic affiliations and showcases new investment opportunities within the oil & gas sector.